Few weeks ago I started to set a senior portrait session. The senior is Bruno, class 2010.
He is the oldest son of some friends on Ann Arbor. They wanted a studio session only.
The general step that we went through were:
- Set the time for a the photo shooting
- Short interview before the shooting (20 min) to get good idea what we could shoot
- Very smooth shooting (1 hr 15 min approximately). We tried two color clothing and one beautiful guitar. Of course, he is a guitar player. So, he was very comfortable with it.
- On line private gallery
- On studio viewing; to see the full set of pictures
- Deliver personalized CD with high resolution files (final selection)
- Order prints
- And deliver print
These is a pair of my favorite pictures from that senior portrait session:
Thanks Bruno and his parents.
A flickr friend, Charlie Naebeck, invited flickr member and friends to have a photo-walk on Ann Arbor Downtown. The basic idea was take pictures using only 50 mm lens and ambient light. That Friday (August 28th) was raining almost the whole day, then very few people came; actually we were only three. We were very lucky the rain stopped few minutes we started walking (~6:30 p.m.).
We had a lot of fun and here I show a sample of portraits that I got from my model #1, my daughter. More pictures are on my flickr page.
Here is a Mariana’s picture on a small hallway all covered by graffiti. It was with very few ambient light; ISO 1600 was necessary.
And this other picture was taken on the roof of a parking structure. The light here was a lot better.